Instead of creating a student account, you’ve created a parent account using your email address. Now you can’t create a student account using your email address.
No worries! It’s really easy to free up your email address so you can make the account you want.
If you Signed Up with a Username or Email...
- In the parent account you made, tap on your name (or profile picture you have one already).
- Tap Edit.
- Replace the email address you have with a fake one.
- Tap Save.
There you go! Your email address is now freed up to create your student account.
If you Signed Up with Google...
- In the student or parent account you made, tap on your name (or profile picture you have one already).
- Tap Sign-In Options.
- Tap on Set Username & Password (you need to set a username and password to disabling Google sign-in). If you have a parent account, you just need to set a password.
- Set a username and password and tap Set Username & Password.
- Toggle off the Google sign-in to disable it.
- Tap the back button, click Edit.
- If you made a parent account, replace the email address you have with a fake one.
- Tap Save.
Now you’re all set to create your student account!