To save a document from Google Slides to Showbie
- Look for the ... (more options) either when you're selecting a file in Slides or after you've opened the file you want to share
- Tap on the Send a copy option or Share & export
- Choose either PDF or .pptx
- Select Showbie and choose which folder you'd like to upload your file
PDF vs .PPTX
💯 Annotatable in Showbie
🚫 Contents can't be edited
🙅 Can't be edited/annotated in Showbie
✏️ Can be edited if opened in slides
Forcing a Copy of a Google Slide
Want to share a note-taking template or a framework of an assignment? First, let's turn your Google Slides into a presentation that will force a NEW copy when opened.
Be sure you have shared the Slide either as “anyone with the link,” or “public.” This has to be enabled before you can use "force a copy".
- Open the doc, slide deck, sheet, or drawing you want to use
- Click in the search box and look at the end of the link
- Replace the word EDIT with the word COPY in the link
- Click return/enter
Copy and paste this new copy link into a Showbie assignment as a comment. This will force a copy of the Google Slides for your students.
Adding Google Slides from the Web:
- Tap +
- Add from Drive
- Select your file
- Tap Select
Note: This will upload a PDF of the file