Show everyone how to draw the rest of the owl 🦉
A screen recording will allow you to explain and present your thought process so that anyone can follow along. You can upload a screen recording in assignments, class discussions, or groups.
To start recording, go to the location where you'd like to upload and find the + icon:
This will open up the file menu. Choose Record Screen. If you haven't already, you'll be prompted to allow permissions on your microphone and camera. You can also choose to record screen only. Your selection here will be the default setting when you choose to record your screen again.
Record Screen with Microphone & Camera
Choosing this option will set a picture-in-picture setting.
- You can adjust the size of your video in 3 size options; small, regular, or full screen.
- You can also switch between your front-facing and rear-facing cameras.
- The video window can be moved around and it will snap into corners.
- If you change your mind, you can toggle off/on the video and microphone while recording.
Here's how it would look like:
Record Screen Only
This option will record your screen only. When choosing this, you will not be able to toggle on your camera or microphone and you will need to start a new recording instead. You will need to adjust your device settings to disable and re-enable your camera and video for the permissions to be allowed again. To learn how to do this, check out this article.
After you've chosen your setting, the recording menu will be shown at the bottom of the screen:
Once you're at the location you need and you're ready to start recording, tap the Record button.
While recording, you'll see the length of the recording as you go along. You can pause the recording if you need and then resume later.
When you're happy with the recording, tap Save. You can review and trim the recording as you need before uploading.
- A. Review and/or trim the recording
- B. Tap Done when you're happy to upload
Some things to consider:
- The app must be in full screen to record. You cannot start a recording while in split screen and if you are recording and go into split screen, the recording will be paused.
- Device rotation is not supported. If you rotate while recording, you will be notified that the original orientation must be used and the recording will be paused.
- Backgrounding the app is not supported. If you background while recording, the recording will stop and finalize, and the video editor will be displayed with an alert saying the recording has been interrupted.
- Your keyboard and notifications will not be recorded with the screen recorder. There is no need to turn off notifications before recording, as they won't show up in the video.