Memory is precious 💎 What do you do when you need more?
Check Your iPad’s Storage
The first thing you’ll want to do is to check what exactly is taking up space in your iPad's storage. You can find this out in your iPad’s Settings:
Open Settings in your iPad
- Make sure you are in the General section in the sidebar
- Tap Storage & iCloud Usage
- Under the Storage section, tap on Manage Storage
Before You Delete
The two most common solutions to clear storage space on your iPad is to delete photos/videos from your photo library or to uninstall apps. Before you delete anything though, make sure that you know how to backup the files you would like to keep. For example, you can keep a backup of your photo library on iCloud.
Here is an easy way to delete multiple photos on your iPad:
- Open Photos in your iPad
- Tap Select in the upper right corner
- Tap on the photos you would like to delete
- Tap on the trashcan icon in the upper left corner
- When you’re sure, tap Delete Photos
Having a lot of apps on your iPad can take up a lot of space so be sure to uninstall apps that apps you don’t use in order to keep your iPad clutter-free:
- Tap-and-hold on the app you would like to uninstall
- Tap on the x in the corner of the app you’re uninstalling
- Read the message carefully and once you’re sure, tap Delete
- Press your iPad’s home button once you’re finished uninstalling apps
Don’t want to uninstall apps?
If you don’t want to uninstall some apps but don’t have any other way of freeing up memory on your iPad, make sure that you check the saved files in that app. Try deleting some decrepit projects in iMovie or old presentations in Keynote!