Showbie listens to all voices but you may need to update your browser first 😉
First, check that your browser supports voice notes.
Internet Explorer and Safari (on iOS and OS X) currently don’t support recording voice notes but if you try using one of these browsers instead, you’ll be able to record voice notes in a breeze:
- Microsoft Edge (any version)
- Firefox 28+
- Chrome 22+
- Chrome for Android
If you are using a supported browser and are still unable to create a voice note, let's check your browser permissions.
How to change your browser permissions to allow recording of voice notes.
If the browser you use for Showbie doesn’t allow Showbie to use your mic, you won’t be able to record voice notes. To fix this, you’ll have to give the Showbie web app access to your device’s mic. How you do this depends on which browser you’re using:
- Copy and paste chrome://settings/content/microphone into the address bar
- Find Showbie in the list and click the X to remove the block on Showbie
Try recording a voice note in Showbie again, click Allow:
Now you’re ready to record voice notes in Chrome!
- Right-click anywhere in the Showbie web app and click View Page Info
- In the window that opens, go to the Permissions tab
- Uncheck the Use Default box for Microphone and instead select Allow
Now you’re ready to record voice notes in Firefox!
Learn how to How to add a voice note in Showbie.