Mistakes happen 😳 … and that’s okay.
Instead of creating a student account, you’ve created a teacher account using your email address. Now you can’t create a student account using your email address.
It’s really easy to free up your email address so you that you can sign up as a student instead. The solution depends on how you created the teacher account: did you create it by signing up with an email or using SSO?
Signed Up with Email
First, sign into the teacher account. Our goal is to replace this account’s email address with a fake email. Here’s how you can do that:
- Tap on your profile picture to open your account settings
- Tap on Edit
- Replace your email with a fake email address (tip: try replacing your domain with @fakeemail.com)
- Tap Save
There you go! Your email address is now freed up to create your student account.
Signed Up with SSO
Log into your teacher account and let’s start with disconnecting this Showbie account from your SSO!
- Tap on your profile picture to access your account settings
- Tap on Sign-In Options
- Go to Set Password
- Now set up a new password for this account and tap Set Password
- Disable your SSO for this account by tapping on the slider next to the appropriate SSO option so that it’s no longer green
Now it’s time to free up your email address (covered in the prior section). Following those steps will allow you to use your email address for a new Showbie account.