We always strive to make Showbie better - read on for all the cool new features that have been released!
This page contains release notes from January 2019 onwards. To learn more about the older versions, take a look at this guide instead.
NEW!Large document previews can be shown in any post listing. Tap on the "..." button at the top-right corner to show large previews!
- Update indicators now show up more reliably
- Fixed an issue to allow students to save their information without an email
- Fixed an issue with ePubs on iOS 13 devices
- Fixed an issue with exporting emails from the Mail app on iOS 13 devices
- Fixed an issue in Class Discussion to allow Pro users record a voice note longer than 1 minute
- When using Quick Marking, switching between students will always remain in the shared document if it's distributed to the student
- Fixed an issue where exporting files from another app sometimes doesn't work
- iOS 13 compatibility added
- Fixed an issue where profile photos sometimes wouldn't update
- Fixed an issue in iOS 10 where uploading wasn't working properly
- Fixed a bug to prevent students and non-owners from editing posts while in a paused class discussion or announcements only group
- Fixed an issue where file counts are not being updated in the quick marking menu when creating copies within the previewer
NEW!Class/Group Codes can now be removed to allow teachers better control over who can join their class/group
- The Quick Marking feature is better than ever! Teachers can now switch between students quicker and navigate to files that students have uploaded
- Reports from a Socrative quiz can be distributed to students from a finished quiz in Shared Items
- Added a new notification setting when students submit work after an assignment due date
- Grades from a Socrative quiz can be distributed quickly to students from a finished quiz in Shared Items
- Fixed an issue where screenshots couldn't be shared to Showbie
- Quick Marking for Basic teachers now working properly
- Fixed an issue where merging photos into a single PDF uploaded an empty PDF
- Showbie can now be integrated with Socrative! Learn more about Socrative here to get started on using the integration!
- Student names can now be sorted by first name or last name alphabetically
- Search bar added in class members and group members list
- Comments in a post listing, text annotations, pinned comments, and PDF text now have the ability to be spoken through a new "Speak" option
- When uploading multiple images, you can now combine them into a single PDF or keep them as separate uploads
- Fixed an issue where Garageband files couldn't be exported back to Garageband
- Several bug fixes and improvements packed nice and snug here for you
- Uploading large files is now much more reliable!
- Microsoft SSO is now supported! You can now use your Microsoft account to login to Showbie.
- Fixed an issue where grades wouldn't export properly if a class or assignment name has special characters
- Active assignment count (for Basic users) are now counted properly when archiving classes or folders
NEW!Classes, assignments, and groups can now be searched
- Fixed an issue where uploading some PDF files are causing the app to crash
NEW!Showbie now supports even more file formats! You can now view and annotate on Word Doc/Docx, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynotes, Pages, and Numbers!
NEW!In-progress comments are cached if leaving the post listing and comments are restored when opening the same post listing again
NEW!Apple Pencil double-tap gesture support on new 12.9" and 11" iPad Pros
- Fixed a bug where certain options are not shown in group settings when archiving/deleting/leaving for group owners/members
- Fixed a bug related to assignment scheduling when creating a new assignment