We always strive to make Showbie better - read on for all the cool new features that have been released!
This page contains release notes from January 2019 onwards. To learn more about the older versions, take a look at this guide instead.
NEW!Added security features for joining classes or joining groups
NEW!Video Chat (Beta) is released and available for public beta testing - learn more in this support article and our blog post here
- Fixed issues related to exporting videos and compact screens
NEW!Video editor has been improved to allow trimming and re-encoding when taking a video with the camera or selecting a single video from the Photo Library
- Fixed an issue where the wrench icon in certain places don't show up
- Fixed issues related to pinning/unpinning and clearing all posts in class discussions
- PDF forms are now properly disabled
NEW!Teachers can pin/unpin posts in class discussion
- Fixed issues related to quick marking where some annotation tools are non-functioning
- Slow motion videos are properly uploaded
- Fixed an issue that restored the "Save Video" option on iOS devices
NEW!Teachers can now clear class discussion posts
- Improvements made to the reordering handle in Shared Items so that it doesn't open the context menu when held
- Improvements made to the PDF previewer
- Improvements to video previewing
- Cache cleaned up to keep storage usage to a minimum
- Improvements to better support MDMs
- Fixed an issue related to teachers suddenly waiting for co-teacher approval in their classes
- Changes made to live events to ensure they work smoothly
NEW!Teachers can generate sign-in QR codes for their students
NEW!Students can now sign-in using QR codes
- Improved Class Members functionality on compact screens
- Fixed issues related to the assignment icons
- Fixed crash related to ePubs created by Book Creator
- Class Members is now available from the top level of the Class Settings menu.
- Class Members changed to split students and teachers into separate areas.
NEW!Uploads now finish in the background so you can use the app while waiting for uploads to finish
NEW!iOS 13 only - context menus have been added so you can tap and hold on a class, assignment, folder, group, or post to see a list of available shortcuts
- Improvements made to the file previewer
- Improvements with VoiceOver support for a more streamlined navigating experience
- Improvements made to the support chat widget in-app
- Fixed an issue where teachers are unable to access the "All Assignments" tab
- Page navigation and Quick Marking are disabled when adding a pinned comment or pinned voice note
Version 5.2 is the latest version that will be supported by iOS 10 (bug fixes and improvements will be released version 5.2.x). Future releases from this version onward will only be supported by iOS 11 or later. Please update if you can so you can use the new features in store for Showbie!
NEW!Class Folders can now be copied into classes
NEW!Assignments can be copied into Class Folders in addition to classes
NEW!You can now customize notifications on a per-class level
- Improvements made to Apple Pencil to be able to use finger gestures while in "pencil mode"
- Improved ePub layout when exporting from Book Creator into Showbie
- Fixed an issue related to uploading several images at once
- Fixed a crash related to moving annotations in multi-page documents
- Teachers can edit student information, including name, email, profile photo, and password
- Fixed a bug so that links in PDF previewer are viewed in full screen
NEW!Large document previews can be shown in any post listing. Tap on the "..." button at the top-right corner to show large previews!
- Update indicators now show up more reliably
- Fixed an issue to allow students to save their information without an email
- Fixed an issue with ePubs on iOS 13 devices
- Fixed an issue with exporting emails from the Mail app on iOS 13 devices
- Fixed an issue in Class Discussion to allow Pro users record a voice note longer than 1 minute
- When using Quick Marking, switching between students will always remain in the shared document if it's distributed to the student
- Fixed an issue where exporting files from another app sometimes doesn't work
- iOS 13 compatibility added
- Fixed an issue where profile photos sometimes wouldn't update
- Fixed an issue in iOS 10 where uploading wasn't working properly
- Fixed a bug to prevent students and non-owners from editing posts while in a paused class discussion or announcements only group
- Fixed an issue where file counts are not being updated in the quick marking menu when creating copies within the previewer
NEW!Class/Group Codes can now be removed to allow teachers better control over who can join their class/group
- The Quick Marking feature is better than ever! Teachers can now switch between students quicker and navigate to files that students have uploaded
- Reports from a Socrative quiz can be distributed to students from a finished quiz in Shared Items
- Added a new notification setting when students submit work after an assignment due date
- Grades from a Socrative quiz can be distributed quickly to students from a finished quiz in Shared Items
- Fixed an issue where screenshots couldn't be shared to Showbie
- Quick Marking for Basic teachers now working properly
- Fixed an issue where merging photos into a single PDF uploaded an empty PDF
- Showbie can now be integrated with Socrative! Learn more about Socrative here to get started on using the integration!
- Student names can now be sorted by first name or last name alphabetically
- Search bar added in class members and group members list
- Comments in a post listing, text annotations, pinned comments, and PDF text now have the ability to be spoken through a new "Speak" option
- When uploading multiple images, you can now combine them into a single PDF or keep them as separate uploads
- Fixed an issue where Garageband files couldn't be exported back to Garageband
- Several bug fixes and improvements packed nice and snug here for you
- Uploading large files is now much more reliable!
- Microsoft SSO is now supported! You can now use your Microsoft account to login to Showbie.
- Fixed an issue where grades wouldn't export properly if a class or assignment name has special characters
- Active assignment count (for Basic users) are now counted properly when archiving classes or folders
NEW!Classes, assignments, and groups can now be searched
- Fixed an issue where uploading some PDF files are causing the app to crash
NEW!Showbie now supports even more file formats! You can now view and annotate on Word Doc/Docx, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynotes, Pages, and Numbers!
NEW!In-progress comments are cached if leaving the post listing and comments are restored when opening the same post listing again
NEW!Apple Pencil double-tap gesture support on new 12.9" and 11" iPad Pros
- Fixed a bug where certain options are not shown in group settings when archiving/deleting/leaving for group owners/members
- Fixed a bug related to assignment scheduling when creating a new assignment